Monday 24 March 2014

Tasmania Stitching & O Holy Night #62

Hello again everyone, we are back! We had a great week in Tasmania but I didn't update - sorry. So today, I'll fill you in on what we got up to, what stitching I did and where I'm up to with O Holy Night...

My husband is a whisky fan so we visited almost, but not quite all of the distilleries in Tasmania... The majority of our week was spent driving between and visiting either a distillery or chocolate factory! I reckon I could almost make my own whisky now! The fact there are a few more distilleries we missed, means we'll just have to go back again in the future...

We visited Hellyer's Road near Burnie (twice!); James Boag's Brewery in Launceston; Tasmania Distillery (maker's of Sullivan's Cove which won the World Whiskies Awards - World's Best Single Malt the night of our visit!); and Lark's in Hobart. We also called in to the chocolate factories of Cadbury in Hobart and Anvers outside Devonport. And I got to visit a cross-stitch shop in Hobart called A Stitch in Time.

The cross-stitch shop was a quaint little shop packed with products - patterns, books, threads, buttons, beads and more. There were also 2 little dogs wandering around who provided some entertainment for my husband while I browsed! They had a great range, but I didn't buy much - only a pattern booklet for Christmas tablecloths, although I thought I would more likely use the designs for ornaments or cards instead.

During our travels, I started a new project from the Heartfelt series. I chose the one called Prayer Changes Things, and this is what I managed to complete in the 5 nights we were away:
 
This will go on hold now until I finish O Holy Night.

When we got home last night, I continued with O Holy Night by finishing the back-stitching on the Z block. Now it's on to the top banner...
 
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

1 comment: