Tuesday 10 May 2016

Movie Review - Eddie the Eagle

Last night my husband and I went out to the movies to see 'Eddie the Eagle'.
I've wanted to see it because he is the first Olympian I can remember growing up. In 1988, I was in grade 6 and I remember seeing him taking the ski jump and wearing those thick glasses. Although the movie is only based on his life story, and isn't 100% accurate, you get a good idea of the things he was up against and how his perseverance kept him going in order to achieve his life dream - competing in the Olympics. It is a great lesson to learn - never give up, keep working at it. I cried a few tears of joy during the movie, but we both came out feeling so happy for him, that he achieved his dream in the end.

A real feel good movie, so if you get a chance, go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment