Monday, 24 October 2016
By the Sea #3
Very happy with my progress over the weekend on this design. I've just got one more skinny house, some sky, some wording under the waves and a couples of rows under that and I'm done. A very quick, but effective design. Only issue is the pattern has a number of blue blocks representing the colours and it is quite difficult to tell a few of them apart. My only adjustment to the design is to include the white (actually it's ivory) in the stitching. The original is stitched on white cloth so you probably wouldn't need to stitch it in, but since I've stitched it on sand canvas, I think it needs to be defined.
I also picked up some frames for the latest Mill Hill designs that I purchased when I was away on our trip earlier in the year. I have framed and set up the Snowy Owl next to the Covered Bridge one. I have a polar bear one to do at some stage but I've got the frame for it, so when I do get around to doing it, I can finish it completely.