Saturday 29 December 2012

The Triplets Alphabet #1

Holiday Stitching
Now that I'm on holidays for a few weeks, I plan to get a fair bit of stitching done. I'll be continuing with European Bistro, and will select something else for holiday stitching at Aireys Inlet. I finished off the Noah's Ark one I was doing (except for the french knots - I might put beads on instead) and now I just have to decide what I'm going to do with it!

My new holiday house design is called Les Triplés (The Triplets) Alphabet and it is a kit by Royal Paris. This is the first Royal Paris design I have ever done, and it is nice to discover they have quite a large range of beautiful designs available. I am sure it won't be my last from them! (see: http://www.coatscrafts.co.uk/Products/Needlecrafts/kits/RoyalParisUpdate.htm)


I've had this kit in my cupboards for a fair time so I thought it was due to be started now. I did a clean-up of my kits last week, and I am surprised and maybe a little ashamed at how many there are waiting to be started! I keep telling myself that I mustn't buy any more, but there is always another beautiful one that I see and if I don't get it now, I might miss out on it! That's how I reason it anyway...

I've almost completed the first triplet which goes next to the N. Not bad for just 2 days of stitching in between walking dogs on the beach and taking in the Boxing Day Cricket Test from the MCG on TV.


Next week, we are going on a boat cruise to New Caledonia and Vanuatu and I am pretty sure it will fit in my bag for those quiet times next to the pool on board the ship! We'll see if it gets taken out at any stage - I am pretty excited about all the activities that are available on the cruise so I might just run out of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment