Monday 25 November 2013

Jingle Bells - Finished!

I finished off the stitching, went to the craft store for some supplies and sat down to try and make the images in my head come to life... I had a small disaster but also some success, so overall I am pleased with how they have turned out...
The Santa turned out pretty good - I am quite pleased with it. I stuck some thick cardboard on the back and the some white ribbon tubing around the edge. I think this is the one I like the best.
This Peace ornament turned out OK but unfortunately, as I was cutting the plastic, the clipper things I was using pulled the plastic which meant some of the black back-stitching around the edge came out. I think I've covered it up OK, but I'm not happy with how I joined the ends of the white ribbon tubing together in the corner.
I worked out how to finish off the edges neatly by the time I go to this ornament. It was a bit trickier though as it had no straight edges for the ribbon tubing to stick to. This is my second favourite one.
When I got to the Christmas tree, I decided that sticking the ribbon tubing to the edges was just going to take too long and be too fiddly, so I just left it with the cardboard on the back and no edging. For the candy cane, I didn't even put cardboard on the back. I don't think I made a deliberate decision not to, it just didn't seem to need it. And if I make sure it hangs on the tree properly, you won't see the back anyway...

So then I decided I needed to put the tree up so I could see what they looked like in position. Now, I know you're not supposed to put the Christmas tree up until December, but this was for display purposes only... and then I thought there's no point taking it down and putting it up again next week, so I got out the rest of my ornaments that I've stitched this year and put them up too. I think we need another new tree!


 Here are all my mini stockings and Joy Ornaments from earlier in the year.


So, here is my decorated Christmas Tree. I am super pleased with it. I've still got a kit of more mini stockings in the cupboard so I might have to give those away as gifts when I get around to stitching them... or buy a bigger tree!
When I get a break I'll post an update about my next project...
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

3 comments:

  1. Wow your tree looks stunning! I love your new stitched ornaments and your finishing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! Your Jingle Bell ornaments look lovely all finished off. Can't believe how quickly you stitched them all. Great finishes!
    Can see why you need to get a new tree next year :o)

    ReplyDelete