Thursday 9 January 2014

Dinosaur ABC #10

Today we headed out from Newcastle and made our way to Wagga Wagga (approx 650kms). On our way through Sydney, we called into The Fox Collection showroom. I have wanted to go there for ages as I buy many of my kits from them via mail order. Sadly, the showroom wasn't what I had built it up to be in my mind. The Innovations company deals with all sorts of mail order products and they had a section for each one. The cross-stitch section was one small corner in the showroom. All the kits were the same prices as the ones in the catalogue so there were no bargains there. They did, however, have a small discount bin where I picked out 2 more plastic ornaments for my Christmas tree...
I also got a free ornament when I went up to pay...
So it wasn't a complete waste of time, but now I know I don't need to go back again. (Thank goodness - the Sydney traffic was terrible).
Here is my progress on the Dinosaur ABC from last night. I finished off 2 more letters: O & T
Hopefully, I can finish off the other half-done letters tonight and then get the rest done when we go back to Aireys Inlet on Australia Day long weekend (26th Jan). 

Although we have loved our time away, it will be so nice to sleep in our own bed tomorrow night and not have to go anywhere the next day. And we miss our puppy Clarence too. Can't wait to pick him up.
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

2 comments:

  1. Your progress is lovely and it sounds like you and your other half had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually looking at the top 2 for myself to buy online. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete