I had quite a productive weekend besides the above: I finished sewing together the Christmas Sled Stocking with the backing fabric I bought.
The red backing fabric has a sort of weave pattern to it and I love how it looks.
Then I finished off one of the Christmas placemats I've been sewing for months. I just wanted to get one finished - I've got about 9 patchwork fronts done, and I've bought the backing material but I will need to get some more padding for in-between. I saw the 'quilting' (not sure if that is the right term) pattern when I was helping my friend, Judith, at a recent quilting show pop-up shop. Instead of trying to run the stitching down the seam, I did it either side and I like the effect on both the front and back of the placemat.