Monday 30 December 2013

Dinosaur ABC #8

So all good things must come to an end, and we are now home from the beach house. We'll be home for a couple of days before dropping off Clarence (our Golden Retriever) at Cheese's (his best friend, another GR) place and then heading to Queensland for a week or so to visit my sister and her family. We are planning to come home via the coast over 3-4 days and we are both looking forward to that.

I've already been to the craft shop and got the missing colours so I can fill in the blanks and finish off the letters completely in the Dinosaur ABC design. I think I will be taking this with me to QLD as I think I'll be able to get it finished during the time away. Then I can select another pattern to be my 'beach house pattern'. I must have missed the sales at the news agency - often they have discounted cross-stitch magazines that people have subscribed to or ordered but haven't collected throughout the year - they didn't have any this year.

We were going to have people over for New Year's Eve, but have decided to have a quiet one, just us and Clarence. No point buying lots of food and then having to throw it all away the next day before we leave. Clarence and fireworks don't mix well - we have sedative pills to give him and he is so funny to watch - he fights them and will not give in to them in case he misses out on something. Poor thing just won't sleep until we go through his normal bedtime routine (some milk in his bowl before we turn out all the lights)... Hopefully the neighbourhood kids won't be letting off fireworks after the big midnight ones like they did last year - we couldn't get him settled until very early in the morning.

Well, back to thinking about what I'm going to pack and how many jobs I can get done before we head off. I'm taking my computer with me so I should still be able to update while we are away. Until the next update...
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kerrie. I so enjoy reading your blog and watching your progress. So do you work more than one project at a time then? You're still working on Holy Night as well, right? This cute alpha project is just your Holiday project, correct? Just wondering, cuz for the first time, I saw "Oh Holy Night" in the Stitchery catalogue. Could've been in there many times, but this is the first I've seen of it. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's another alpha you might be interested in if you haven't already done it.

    http://chachasbooklist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete