Wednesday 26 April 2017

Holy Night Stocking - Finished!

Yay - it is done, completely! Yesterday was the ANZAC Day public holiday in Australia. On Monday, I contacted the craft store and asked if they would be open on Tuesday, expecting the owner to say No. She told me if I turned up, I could call and she would let me in to get my backing fabric! Yay. My husband and I went for a drive and came home with some amazing fabric that was perfect for the back of the stocking, meaning I could finish it completely and have it ready to pass on to the new owner earlier than expected. I said to the store owner, "I'm looking for something dark blue with gold flecks in it" and she went straight to the perfect fabric. I was in and out within about 5 mins! We spent longer afterwards talking and patting their beautiful Golden Retriever dogs out the back. Gosh, made me realise how much I miss our beautiful Clarence...😔

After finishing up the Holy Night Stocking, I also finished the second of my patchwork doona covers. I had been holding back on this as my sewing machine had started to play up - I think it was something with the tension and thread. When I changed the thread, it was fine and since I only had about 40cm to sew to finish it, I did it before it decided to stop working again. I will have to get it serviced once I finish my doona covers - it has been working overtime! Burgundy and beige doona covers now ready to use.
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your stocking finish. The backing fabric is perfect! Sorry to hear about Clarence too. It's been a while since I've read your blog so have just caught up with the sad news. What a lovely gesture from the vet though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stocking. You always stitch them so beautifully. The backing fabric is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the stocking. Your sewing is also so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the most beautiful stockings I have ever seen! There could not have been a better backing fabric. Congratulations! (Although, I admit I'll miss seeing updates on your stocking)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on finishing! I need to work on one project at a time...Maybe I would get more done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work getting the stocking complete. It is a lovely design and I am sure the recipient will be thrilled for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this project. I have it to start someday. Cant wait to watch your further progress.

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete