Thursday 23 May 2013

Joy Ornaments - Finished!

All done, and I must say I am very pleased with the final results. I'm going to have the best dressed tree this year! I am so tempted to get it out and take a picture with all my new Christmas ornaments, but if I do that, I'll have to put it away again and I'm not fussed about that, and I don't want it hanging around for the next 7 months...so we'll have to wait until December to see it decorated beautifully then.
I simply stitched the felt to the plastic canvas so the backs look fairly neat, better than seeing all the stitching anyway!
I used my Mum's pinking shears to fancy up the edges a bit, and they were done!

Now I get to start something new tonight... I have to go searching through the stash cupboard and see what grabs me - goodness knows there's plenty to choose from in there!
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

8 comments:

  1. Very nice finish. Your tree will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish...and a neat way to do the finishing! I guess I didn't realize you were stitching these on plastic canvas...I wondered when I saw them so close together, what you would do with them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very nice! Where did you get the plastic canvas from if not a secret? I was searching online and a local craft store (which is more than a little limited) and can't seem to find any. It does't massively matter (as I do not remember what project I was going to stitch), but just for curiosity. I am very jealous of your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic canvas was part of the kit with the pattern.

      Delete
  4. I bet you can't wait until Christmas now to put them up! Your finishing is so neat. You have inspired me to start a Christmas ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, well done Kerrie, you stitched them so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your decorated tree this year, so many ornaments you have stitched xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the happy dance, your tree will look great this year, and no last minute rush to finish either.

    ReplyDelete