Thursday 9 July 2015

Stitching ABC #37

Some may say, 'why admit to making a mistake?' but I think that's what makes my designs unique! It's highly unlikely that anyone else will ever make the exact same mistake so that means my stitching is totally unique. I'm also not one to pull out stuff, unless I've just noticed it to be wrong. Now that I've done so many blocks, I'll just work around the mistake and camouflage it as well as possible. 

In smaller designs, it's usually fairly hard to cover a mistake, but in bigger ones like this, there's plenty of room for fudging. I don't think I've ever done a design, especially a larger one, without at least 1 mistake. Luckily, they're usually fairly small mistakes but they're still there and I'm usually the only one who knows about them so it's not a big deal. 

I'm not afraid to admit I make mistakes. Just means I have to do another project and try to get it mistake-free, and if I fail at that, try another one and another one... and on it goes. 
Last night I did a bit down the left side of the centre block and finished the Handcrafted text. Clarence has his monthly arthritis injection appointment at the Vet so I didn't get as much stitching time as usual. Tonight we are having friends over for dinner so I probably won't get any stitching time at all. And I think we're going to Aireys Inlet for the weekend and then next week I'm going to New Zealand (Auckland) for a theological library conference which I'm really looking forward to - it's the only conference I can go to that is all about exactly what I do every day. Looking forward to it very much.
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment