Friday 27 May 2016

Holiday #2

Today, we had breakfast at the Buchart Gardens. WOW they are really beautiful, and breakfast was yummy too. We had eggs benedict which was delicious then we had about 2 hours to wander round the gardens which sounds like a long time but was just enough to see everything. I so wish my iPad would let me upload the photos I took, but that option isn't available for some reason - sorry! I'll have to update the posts when I get to a computer.
After the gardens we had a quick city tour and time for a light lunch then we had a whale watching tour. We got great seats on the boat and enjoyed the ride, but unfortunately we didn't see any whales. It was an enjoyable trip, but not unforgettable. On the way home, the captain took us past some harbour seals on the rocks so we could say we saw something, but it was very disappointing not to have seen whales or orcas. You can't schedule appointments with wild animals...
It was dinner time when we got back from that so we headed off to an English pub next door to the hotel and I had very nice fish and chips, just what I wanted after being in the chilly wind all afternoon.
Tomorrow, we leave Victoria and head to Vancouver for some touring before boarding the train for the journey to Jasper - really looking forward to the train trip.
Until next time,
Kerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment