Tuesday 3 January 2017

Patchwork Update

Hi Everyone,

I hope your New Years was a good one - we spent it doggy-sitting Clarence with loud gentile music playing and thankfully, he wasn't distracted or upset by the fireworks at all. And even better, the neighbours, who usually have small fireworks and let them off down the street, didn't have any after midnight, so once we put Clarence to bed, we didn't have to worry about him any more. It was one of the most relaxing NYE's we've had for a long time.
[For those who don't know, Clarence is our 15yr old Golden Retriever - he's not a fan of fireworks, like most dogs].

I haven't done much on the Provence Market for a while. I've been busy with my patch working project - 6 single bed doona covers. I've done the tops of 2 and started on my third today. Now that I know what I'm doing, they are getting quicker to do. I'm super pleased with the results and can't wait to meet up with my friend, Judith, on Friday to sew the backs on. We'll be having a craft day so I'm sure there will be lots of progress on both our various projects.
The book pattern fabric I'm using is from Spoonflower and is called: Spellbooks. There are 4 colour variations, plus another that is called Bookstorm. I've got all 5 fabrics with a matching plain fabric and since I need to make 6 doona covers, the 6th one will be a mix'n'match of all the fabrics. The patchwork pattern I'm using is a simple brick pattern.

I'll post more pics when I've done some more blocks in each colour. I chose the book pattern because I am a librarian and I thought it was a nice tie-in to what I do and what I like to do. I've got plans for my second and third patchworking projects, but I'm finishing these doona covers before I get too far with those just yet. My new sewing machine is a dream to use and now that the needle position has been sorted, all the blocks are square and everything is fitting together very easily. It has been a joy to do so far and I can see myself getting more and more into patchwork in the future.
Back to the machine and more squares...
Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment