Wednesday, 2 April 2014

O Holy Night #69

Oh so close to being finished with the stitching...
There is only one shade of green that I've run out of left to be done in the leaves around the Alleluia. Luckily, I checked my stash and I had some, but it was 10.30pm so I went to bed before I stuffed it up from being too tired.

I have used a whole extra skein of black for the back-stitching on top of what was provided. I've run out of a shade of the green and the gold metallic thread also ran out. I started the A with it, and got half way through when I realised I had none left. Luckily, I had some gold metallic in my stash as well, but it was a different gold so I had to pull out what I'd done and do the whole letter A in my gold thread.

Tonight I should finish the stitching and possibly get started on the beads and little gold stars that are scattered throughout the design - so exciting!! It should be done by the end of the weekend - woo hoo!!

Once framed, this design will decorate my theological library with the other two from the same series. My next project will be to continue with the 'Prayer Changes Things' that I started whilst on our holiday in Tasmania a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Stitching,

1 comment:

  1. It's going so well :) Congratulations on almost being finished :)