Saturday 26 April 2014

Warm Hearts Ornament & O Holy Night Framing

These last few days, I've stitched another Christmas ornament on plastic canvas - Warm Hearts. I started it on Thursday night, stitched for most of Friday and finished it off tonight. Friday was a public holiday in Australia for ANZAC Day - I almost think this is more of an Australian holiday than Australia Day (Jan 26). It commemorates the First World War battle fought at Gallipoli. Next year is the 100th anniversary of the first landing. There are numerous events and services during the day, but personally, I think one of the most moving things is at the Collingwood vs Essendon AFL football match, played on ANZAC day since the 1990s. Before the match, they have a ceremony and a minute of silence in remembrance - 90,000+ people in the crowd and you could hear a pin drop - it is very moving.

Here is the finished ornament (since it only took 2 days, there wasn't much point in doing progress shots)
I'll put some backing card on it tomorrow and some cord to hang it with.

And this morning I picked up O Holy Night from the framers. I am very pleased with the result and it should match the others from this set quite well.
I've got another ornament pattern which I picked up from The Fox Collection when I visited the shop in Sydney earlier this year. I think I might do that before I start something a little more involved...

I've also done little movies of O Holy Night and Prayer Changes Things which I will post next week.


Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

2 comments:

  1. Love the ornament. You do such quick work. It seems I never have time to stitch these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped in from someone's blog... don't know whose now! And just had to say how much I like the O Holy Night stitch. I'm going to have to put it on my Christmas wish list!! The elephant stitch you've started is adorable, too, and I really like the series you are currently working on. Beautiful stitching!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete